cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Group Security using Active Directory Groups

Patricia_Ritter
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We're using Active Directory with OnBase 17. Currently our access is based on the user and use groups. Our goal is to let the AD Groups control our security. We have created the groups both in AD and in OnBase but I must be missing something. I have verified that my products, privileges ... are the same as my original admin user. When I sign in under the new authority of the admin group I have nothing available in the configuration.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Patricia_Ritter
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Adam ~ thank you so much. 

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Patricia,

Correct, if you do not have the Directory Service Authentication option in the Utils menu, you will need to use the mentioned switch on the Configuration module shortcut.

Also, if you have AD - Basic configured, then all you need to do for directory service authentication to occur is make sure that your user group names match between the AD and OnBase. Once that is done, any new user added to a mapped group will automatically be added upon authentication into OnBase. While moving to Active Directory - Enhanced is an option, it is not required to get it working.

Keep in mind, that there are different configurations for each of the clients. The OnBase Thick Client will require the -AL switch and the Unity Client will require UseNTAuthentication to be set to true for the Service Path within the obunity.exe.config (also noting that the Application Server will need to be configured for Windows Authentication). These settings are listed in the respective MRGs.

If you are not familiar with the configuration, feel free to reach out to your first line of support.

Best wishes.

Patricia_Ritter
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Adam ~ thank you so much.