cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Group Priveleges

Nat_Mara
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Going thru the 9.2 System Admin guide and I have a few questions regarding what the specific priveleges really control.

Client Features:

• Does ENABLE MARKUP TOOLBAR only apply to systems configured with EDM Services module, or does it timpact other functionality?
  • What does THUMBNAIL HITLIST RESULTS VIEWER impact?  I have checked and unchecked that privelege and see no difference in how TIF files are displayed in thick client.
  • What functionality does  EXTERNAL TEXT SEARCH impact?  This does not impact internal searches or Verity/IDOL I do not believe.

Client Based Products:

• What does FULL-TEXT SEARCH really impact?  I have Verity and I cannot see any less functionality when a user has this privelege unchecked vs. checked.

thanks so much in advance,

Nat

1 REPLY 1

Nat_Mara
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Wanted to follow up with this question.  I am going through my user gropus and trying to clean up uneccesary permissions/priveleges. 

On another note, I am trying to set up BASIC users, who just mainly view documents, and ADMIN users who scan, reindex, import etc and should have more priveleges and product rights.  No need to assign both groups the same priveleges & product rights since they are cumulative.  So BASIC users all have Retrieve/view and ADMIN would have Create as an example.  My question is how do I deal with security KW if these groups have different security values and a use is in both groups?  The only way I can think of is to create a completely separate group and add certain users in to it.  Any other suggestions are appreciated.

thanks in advance ...