Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity.PageData.Stream slow

Nick_Askew
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

Using the Unity API (v11), has anyone had an experience using the Unity.PageData.Stream object to pull date from within OnBase and noticed any performance issues?

I have a problem whereby the App Server hardly uses any CPU (total machine CPU use < 2%) yet only manages to stream documents to me through the Unity.PageData.Stream object at around 700,000 bytes per seconds (this is the only task the server is performing).  I need to understand if this is normal or whether I have a very poorly test environment!

Thanks in advance,

Nick

6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Busby
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Which page provider are you using?  Are you getting the native page?  or converting to/from PDF or something?

This can have dramatic performance effects.

Nick_Askew
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks for responding KB,

I was using Default to pull a PDF out (stored as PDF in the disk group), cpu < 2%, 17.5 seconds for 22 MB file.

I just swapped to Native (which I can't use owing to the final solution having to process multipage TIF's which are composed of multiple single page TIF's in the disk group) and the retrieval time went down to 13 seconds for a 22MB file, interestingly a single core of the processor was at 100% for the entire process. I tried it 5 times, roughly same speed each time.

Regards

Nick