cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity finding the Number of files that make up a document

John_Coyle
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We typically retrieve documents in the Native format that is because documents we have processed we store a custom TIFF tag and using Default or Image to retrieve wipes out the TAG, There is however a situation where we need to retrieve a document which we didnt store but we need to process, Typically all documents are multipage TIFFS so Native works well however this one document is composed of single image files, Here Native doesnt work (Exceptions out using Unity 13.0) In this scenario Default or Image would work but to recognise this scenario I would need to know there are multiple files making up the document. What do I need to look at in the Unity API to let me know there are not just multiple pages but multiple files making up this one document.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

Patrick_Ramser
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Hey John,This is sort of a messy issue. We don't have any way to determine that the Document you're dealing with is multi-file or single file, especially in the case of a tiff image. This might be SCR worthy, however, so we'll discuss this. I saw you already mailed into support and we have information on this that we'll end up using to figure it out.I know that doesn't help you in the short term, but know we're actively trying to figure out the best way to take care of an issue like this.