Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Connection Strings - Encryption?

Anthony_Boyd
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi,

I was just wondering if there are any plan to better secure unity connection strings?  I have noticed that they are stored unencrypted in the database and when you look at them in Studio they are visible in the Connection Strings dialog once the window is opened.

Thanks

Anthony

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Chris_Tucker
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Anthony,

I'm actually in the middle of adding a feature that will allow you to restrict which users can view connection strings and configuration items. Assuming everything goes fine with testing, it should be available in OnBase 18. As for encrypting the credentials in the database, I'd recommend calling your first line of support and asking to be added to SCR 224218. That SCR is part of a larger project to encrypt all external credentials in our database, so having a customer attached to the SCR will help ensure it's prioritized appropriately.

If you have any other questions, just let me know

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Chris_Tucker
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Anthony,

I'm actually in the middle of adding a feature that will allow you to restrict which users can view connection strings and configuration items. Assuming everything goes fine with testing, it should be available in OnBase 18. As for encrypting the credentials in the database, I'd recommend calling your first line of support and asking to be added to SCR 224218. That SCR is part of a larger project to encrypt all external credentials in our database, so having a customer attached to the SCR will help ensure it's prioritized appropriately.

If you have any other questions, just let me know