Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Client - Multiple Environments

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Good morning all!

Does anyone know of a way to point the Unity Client to a different server instance?

I want to have to option, preferably from a shortcut, to launch Unity against my TEST, DR, and PROD environments.  I can do this with the Thick Client and obviously the web client on the same machine, and am hoping there is a way to do it with the Unity Client.

This is not something I want for my users...  just for the Administrative team.

Cheers,
Seth

9 REPLIES 9

Justin_Fandl
Employee
Employee

Seth,

I'm fairly positive this can be accomplished by modifying the obunity.exe.config file located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hyland\Unity Client.

Within this file you should be able to copy and past the following section, and modify the parameters accordingly to add multiple environments:

<add ServicePath="http://justinf/AppServer/Service.asmx" DataSource="OBSERVER" FriendlyName="PROD UseNTAuthentication="false"/>

<add ServicePath="http://justinf/AppServer/Service.asmx" DataSource="OBTEST" FriendlyName="TEST" UseNTAuthentication="false"/>

Upon logging in then you should be able to select the desired environment. Hope this helps!

James_Kelly
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Good Morning,

By duplicating the <ServiceLocations> node in the unity config file you can point to different Appservers and Data sources.

-James

Excellent !!!   Thank you both!!!

That worked like a champ!!!

Cheers!
Seth

Mike_Dunn
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Sorry to revive an old thread here, but I wanted to confirm that this is still the correct approach to be able to switch between environments in Unity Client (14). We were only able to locate obunity.exe.config in the following directory (or similar):

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\R58MO9HZ.7Q9\LTL4TN8A.Q7W\obun..ydev_c985434882f2074b_0001.0000_none_ebcecc42d8b76393

Is this the version of obunity.exe.config we should be modifying?

Thanks,

Mike