cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity client is prompting some users for login when opening document

Timothy_Hood
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a couple users, and myself, that are getting prompted to enter their network credentials when accessing a Unity form document in the Unity client. This doesn't occur with scanned documents, only Unity forms. The following window pops up, "connecting to {appserver}". When credentials are entered, the user can continue to access Unity form documents as normal. If they close and reopen Unity, they get prompted again when accessing the first Unity form, whether they previously checked "Remember my credentials" or not. If they cancel without entering credentials, they get an error "401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials."

Interestingly enough, this previously occurred to me on OB13 with Windows 10, now we are are 16. Only recently has it started to occur with our normal users, but only two so far. They have the exact same rights and permissions, PC OS and software versions, and received the same install via GPO login script as other users who do not experience this issue.

5 REPLIES 5

As a (delayed) follow up to Doug's last post, while the Network Security white paper has not been updated in a while, it is still relevant (though has not been fully reviewed). Further, the Web Application Management Console (WAMCon) MRG documents the Optimizing Applications for Windows Authentication feature and is kept up to date based on software changes. However, it doesn't document the feature in quite as much detail.

Best wishes.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.