Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity API error with PDFDataProvider , OnBase Version 17.0.1.67

Lucky_Kanwal
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Team,

I am getting error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when I try to convert ODT file to PDF. This code was working fine , I think last I tested,  it was working in OnBase 15. Now I am getting this error. Admin also seeing the same error on the server side.pdfProvider was separate module but it is part of OnBase.Any thing need to configure on Server side?Any Thing Change? Thanks for your help. Lucky

Sample Code :

// Retrieve the default rendition of the latest revision of the document  Rendition rendition = obDoc.DefaultRenditionOfLatestRevision; // Create PDF provider objectPDFDataProvider pdfProvider = app.Core.Retrieval.PDF; PageData objPageData = pdfProvider.GetDocument(rendition); -- Error Here.

Error:

System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Error with in GetOnBaseFile -- > Hyland.Unity.UnityAPIException: An error occurred within the Unity API: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> Hyland.Public.ServiceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.The stacktrace has been removed. Please contact your administrator and provide error id: 3fa5f827-35c0-45f3-a331-6d5ede1365a5 to get more information.   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at Hyland.Unity.UnityServiceClient.Execute(IRequest request)   at Hyland.Unity.Services.HylandServices.DataProviderServiceAccess.GetPageData(Request request)   at Hyland.Unity.Services.HylandServices.DataProviderServiceAccess.Hyland.Unity.Services.IDataProviderServiceAccess.PdfGetDocument(Rendition rendition, PDFGetDocumentProperties properties)   at Hyland.Unity.PDFDataProvider.GetDocument(Rendition rendition, PDFGetDocumentProperties optionalProperties)

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi LK --

Per the Programmer's Guide entry on working with Documents and Keywords, ODT to PDF conversion is not supported using any of the Unity API data provider classes. For more information:

https://sdk.onbase.com/unitySDK/html/2d2a3c82-550b-4be1-a557-d866f841552f.htm

Best,

Adam Kuhn

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi LK --

Per the Programmer's Guide entry on working with Documents and Keywords, ODT to PDF conversion is not supported using any of the Unity API data provider classes. For more information:

https://sdk.onbase.com/unitySDK/html/2d2a3c82-550b-4be1-a557-d866f841552f.htm

Best,

Adam Kuhn

Hi Adam,

Is there any plan to add this functionality "Convert ODT to PDF by pdfProvider " to Unity API?

Thanks

Lucky.

Unfortunately, there is not -- the library we use for document conversion to PDF does not support ODT, so we'd have to build that functionality into the API. If you'd like, I can file an Enhancement SCR requesting that functionality -- if you'd like to go that route, please drop us an email at apisupport@hyland.com so we can get the process started.

We already created SCR in 2015

Here is info

Support # 38078

SCR# 228415

ODT converted using Microsoft Office to Image Framework module

This functionality is very important to us. We have almost 200,000 ODT files in OnBase and when we are trying convert ODT to PDF , Unity API is crashing. 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.