cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity API Error : Error number: 1073938479 - PDF Library Error: This file contains information not understood by Acrobat

Lucky_Kanwal
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi All,

I am encountering an issue while attempting to retrieve a PDF file from OnBase using the Unity API. Strangely, this error doesn't occur with all the PDFs. When I send the same file to OnBase and retrieve it with Unity API, there is no error. The challenge lies in duplicating this error, as it only seems to happen sporadically across two separate OnBase systems.

I'm puzzled by this inconsistency and wondering if anyone has insights into why this error might be occurring. Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Error :

Hyland.Unity.UnityAPIException: An error occurred within the Unity API: PDF Library Error: This file contains information not understood by Acrobat. It cannot be used for this operation. Error number: 1073938479 ---> Hyland.Public.ServiceException: PDF Library Error: This file contains information not understood by Acrobat. It cannot be used for this operation. Error number: 1073938479

The stacktrace has been removed. Please contact your administrator and provide error id: b306f1ca-597a-4a5e-a5f9-6ce76b29cefb to get more information.

Thanks.

Lucky

2 REPLIES 2

Scott_McLean
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

The most likely cause is that the files that return this error are actually fillable PDF forms and not standard PDF files. Although many applications use the PDF extension (and the PDF format for the non-form layer), the fillable layer on most of these is not part of the PDF standard and cannot be rendered by the default PDF engine.

Lucky_Kanwal
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thanks @Scott McLean . We receive electronic files (PDFs) from users, to which we add a Stamp (Date) layer. Typically, this process works smoothly. However, occasionally, out of the 2-3 files sent by the user, one PDF doesn't function as expected. We are trying to pinpoint the cause of the error triggered by the default PDF engine. Is there a method to identify the specific issue causing this error? 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.