cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique Keyword not limiting documents

Sheila_Shaver
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am using OnBase 12.0.2.609 with Classic Workflow.  I have a Document (called Ordinance) with a Keyword (Ordinance Number) that is set as "Unique".  There should never be 2 Ordinances with the same Ordinance Number.  I thought having this keyword "Unique" would not let a user index a document with the same unique keyword.  I thought it would append the new document to the document already in OnBase.  My problem is that a user is able to do this.  My scan queue appends the document fine for my documents being swept in, but the user can either import or re-index a document and (WHA-LA) --- I now have 2 Ordinances with the same Ordinance Number.  I don't see an option in Workflow to send a document to a scan queue, or I would do that to catch these documents being imported or re-indexed.  How can I stop these duplicates?  Am I missing a security option or a check-on/check/off button somewhere?

1 REPLY 1

William_Howell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Shiela. The Keyword Must be Unique checkbox is not enforced if the keyword is part of a MIKTG.

Since you are using the classic client, I'd suggest a Vb Script Hook during Scan Queue Post Index and Document Re-Index. This can pop up to tell the user they are creating a duplicate and can even be used to prevent the index operation.