cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print inside of OnBase Thick Client

Denise_Erickson
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have some users that after having upgraded to Windows 7, are unable to print from OnBase.  They can print just fine outside of OnBase, it is only printing from within the application.  I have other users who are also on Windows 7 and are able to print.  I cannot find a pattern for the people who can and the ones who cant.  I am able to print from my workstation, however if I connect to one of the computers who cant, I am not able to print from that one, so it seems to be specific to the workstation.  We have determined that it cant be a driver issue, since we tried to print to the xps document writer and get the same error.  It cant be permissions, since I am a local admin and I am still not able to print on one of the machines.  Does anyone have any ideas of what is preventing some users from printing and not everyone?

I have been trying to figure this out for months!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Denise Erickson

Postal Credit Union

derickson@postalcu.org

3 REPLIES 3

Karen_Gradowsk1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Denise,

By any chance, are the print queues not mapped on the workstation? In OnBase thick client:  User-> Workstation Options-> Print Queue Mapping tab. Do you see the mapped Print Queues?

Karen S. Gradowski

Lake Michigan Credit Union

karen.gradowski@lmcu.org

Bob_Loper
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Denise,

Can you elaborate on what happens when you attempt to print.  Do you receive an error message?  Do you know if you are printing to Workstation Printers, Local Print Queues, or Network Print Queues?

This information may be helpful in determining the cause of the problem.

Thanks,

~Bob

Caleb_Wederqui2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Denise,

In addition to the question raised, what version OnBase are you using?  It this only happening with the Thick Client?

Caleb