cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Launch OnBase Configuration - ORA-00942 'hsi.licensetable" table or view does not exist.

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Greetings,

I have installed OnBase 12.0.3 Web and Application on a test server, set up my Oracle 11g database including table spaces, and I have run the steps from DBUtil application including Create all tables, Grant rights to tables, Initialize system data, Create keyword tables, and create all indexes.

Now, I'd like to go into Configuration for the finishing tasks.

When I log on as the "MANAGER" user, it errors out with ORA-00942 that the "hsi.licensetable" does not exist.  It does in fact exist under the hsi schema.  Is there another account that I should be using or another step that I may have overlooked?

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Kindest regards,

Mike

8 REPLIES 8

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Mike,

Did you use the "Create Database" function first? Or did you run through each of those steps to try and recitfy the issue?

One thing you can try is removing the workstation login from Oracle and allowing it to be recreated.

Thanks,

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

The database was set up, ODBC connection established using the hsi account.  There is no workstation account in Oracle. 

This is usually a permissions thing when the table exists but the table cannot be accessed by a user account.  So I am unsure where this is failing.

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Michael,

Two things I would suggest - first, make sure that the HSI account has permissions to create users in the Oracle database. This requires the 'create user' permission and is included in the standard Create HSI script for Oracle databases. (This isn't necessary if you're using the option to not create Workstation accounts.)

Next, regarding permissions to the tables, I'd recommend running RecreateDBUsers against the database. This will validate and reset all permissions for tables that are necessary for each role in the database. If you don't have a copy of that utility, you can obtain it from your first line of support.

Ansley

MichaelBertrand
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

The web server should be using one of 2 accounts: HSICORE, HSINET I don't know if the passwords are published but I am sure that your FLOS can help you out there.  Perhaps activating the database profile in the APPNET/APPSERVER config files might also shed more light in the Diagnostics Console.

As Ansley said, RECREATE DB USERS could also help you out there.