cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to set up Security Keywords for HR leave requests. Need help with the difference of static versus username.

Justin_Manibog
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

goal is to allow employees to search only their own.  I can get it to work if I do it on a user level, but how do I use their employee ID on a group level?  I want to set it up as employee ID, but static would be to on e employee. I don't know how the "username" feature would work.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Bryan_Hurless
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

No problem Justin!
You are correct, the "<< User Name >>" option pulls directly from the User Names and Passwords dialog in Configuration.  For Individual exclusions you would have to set the security Keyword at the User Level. 

You would simply select the "Cougar ID" Keyword from the Keyword Type drop down list then enter the corresponding ID # Value for whichever User you are configuring the Security Keyword for.

This will allow the user with a Cougar ID of 123456789 to only see documents with a Cougar ID of 123456789.

Any user without a Security Keyword configured will be able to return all results.

Unfortunately setting something up at the User Group level would not work for what you are trying to do.  It would work if everyone in a particular group had to see a subset of documents.  Lets say there are 3 locations, North, South and West.  If employees of a location should see the documents that are relevant to their work locale you would configure a location Keyword and set one for each user group. West Employees would get a "Location" Keyword of West and only be able to return documents containing that Keyword.

I hope this helps!

Thanks again for using the OnBase Community!

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You can ask as many questions as you want!

You are partially correct, the Security Keyword is applied to all Document Types that contain that Keyword Type. So if the non "Leave Request" Document Types don't have that "Cougar ID" Keyword Type on them all users will be able to return all Documents. IF those other Document Types do have the "Cougar ID" Keyword Type assigned to them then they will only be able to return documents with their "Cougar ID" values.

So my suggestion would be to leave the "Cougar ID" off of any documents that any/every employee should see. Being in Quality Assurance, I'll give you my other and favorite suggestion of test it out then re-test and test again before implementing anything in Production.

I hope that helps!

Thank you Brian,

I have created and added the KW of Username and did that as the Security KW on the User group level. looks like this will be what I need.

You are the Man!!