Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin apps and cascade data sets

Kathy_Hughes3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello

We have  Onbase v11 deployed as a Thin app in most of our workstations.

I created a cascade data set that was associated with Two new keywords.  --I did an IIS reset just to be conservative.

End users on the thin app  can see the two new keywords, but cannot see the drop down list for the cascade dataset, Same user goes to a scanning workstaiton with  a local install of the thick client can see and use the cascade dataset.

Do we need to re configure the thin app OR is there a reason cascade datasets do not work in this type of deployment. OR is there another solution we could try?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Kathy_Hughes3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Found the solution --it is a User Option to see the operators in the client

If you check or uncheck these two items in user options

keyword select list and Keyword operators

--This determines if you see the Drop down arrow for the cascading data set .--or the And button ( which was my clue)

Still recommend the thin app!

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jen_Siegel
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Kathy,

Can you clarify what you mean by a "thin app" deployment in your environment? I suspect you are not talking about users opening a browser and logging into the web client.

Greg_Garvin
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We are also looking at deploying OnBase v12 thick client and Unity as a thin app in a VDI environment....

I'd be interested in Hyland's position on thin app'ing the clients and any recommendations

Kathy_Hughes3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We are using this in all deployments for 9 months and it is working great -- except for our scanning stations--it was much slower to scan.

Has been working fantastic until I added a cascade data set, and a user on the thin app is unable to see the button to click on for the cascade data set.  Really odd.....

We are using VM Thin App,   for the onbase thick client. If I log into the web app I can see the drop down button for the cascade data set, If i log into the thick client locally installed I can see the drop down button for the cascade dataset.

Kathy_Hughes3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Found the solution --it is a User Option to see the operators in the client

If you check or uncheck these two items in user options

keyword select list and Keyword operators

--This determines if you see the Drop down arrow for the cascading data set .--or the And button ( which was my clue)

Still recommend the thin app!