cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test System Creation Utility - Installer location

Julianne_Horner
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Is the Test System Creation Utility included in the OnBase Software Downloads within Customer Portal? Is it included in another installation file (such as 'OnBase Core Server Side Components')?

Or do we have to specifically request it from OnBase Support?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Julie.

I don't see the file needed available within the OnBase Software Downloads within the Custom Portal. Please submit a request to your first line of support for the files.

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Julie.

I don't see the file needed available within the OnBase Software Downloads within the Custom Portal. Please submit a request to your first line of support for the files.

Best wishes.

Why is this package not included in the OnBase Software Downloads?  I think it should be there instead of having to request it from our first line of support.

Hello Rick! 

Adam is absolutely correct that the CLI version of Test System Creation requires you to reach out to your first line of support for the installation files. The CLI version opens up the ability to script out the cloning/refreshing of additional environments and is something we consider an 'advanced administrative utility.' Ensuring Support is aware of the usage will make any subsequent calls or assistance more responsive. 

As a reminder, a more user friendly UI version of Test System Creation is bundled with the Configuration Client in EP1 and does not require any additional installers. The UI version of Test System Creation can be found in the following menu stack: Utils -> Change Control -> Test System Creation.

Hopefully that adds some context and helps out!

Tyler Conn

Product Owner

Configuration and Change Control

MVannLeicester
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

For anyone stumbling across this:

The only issue with @Tyler Conn 's alternative, is that doing it that way seems to require that the environment in question have the ability to create an ADO.NET string to the destination SQL.

IN environments where you are purposely isolating the SDLC at the firewall/network layer, this isn't feasible.

The separate utility allows a different machine that has whatever access to both environments to just give the connect information on both sides and have at it.

I agree that Hyland should just make the utility available, then track the download to the account if needed.