Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symitar Receitps to OnBase

Manny_Rivera
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello,

Are any of you guys out there pushing Symitar Teller Receipts to OnBase? At the current moment we are getting the receipt images as .SFF and would like to know if there is a way to create PDF files instead of the .SFF files.

The issue we are having is with the Index file. The record lines inside the Index file have a @@ before the path line when it should be a comma. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Any information would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Kirk_Sumpter
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Manny, yes we do this via DRIP(***see below), we had to write a pre-processor that changes the path in the index file to something OnBase will recognize, as well as a few other changes such as adding the OnBase document type (our Symitar doc type names and OnBase doc type names are not the same).

I'm not sure of a way other than to write a pre-processor, so maybe someone else has a different solution they can propose.

***Leaving original text for thread clarity, but we use DIP (Document Import Processor) to import Symitar receipts. 

Manny_Rivera
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Kirk,

What exactly is DRIP? To write a pre-processor, do you have to go to Hyland to get assistance from them to write it for you?

Thanks for the information.

Manny Rivera

Hi Manny, sorry I misspoke (mistyped?) earlier, we import our Symitar receipts via DIP...Document Import Processor.

I'm not sure if Hyland would help with pre-processors, but we just wrote our own; it's a C# program...if you have an application development team or the ability to write your own programs a very basic version should be simple to create.

Ours is a bit more convoluted since we burden it a lot more than the basic changing of the index file text.

Manny_Rivera
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Kirk,

Sorry for the late reply.  We got the receipt issue resolve. We ended up configuring a another web site on the web server and now the receipts and the forms go directly to OnBase as soon as the teller performs a transaction and tells Episys to print or submit.  The only issue we are having is trying to configure the receipt printer. The printer doesn't print the entire receipt when the user prints the receipt. So, we are trying to find the right configuration settings. Other than that, the receipts and forms are getting to OnBase.

On a separate topic, how do you import and search the Symitar reports in OnBase? I'm trying to figure out how to configure the document type keywords to make it easy for users to locate their reports.

Manny

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.