cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO with OKTA: Does this need SAML?

Joseph_Russo
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We've gotten a couple of questions regarding a customer that has Single-Sign On with OKTA. In order to integrate with OnBase, would this require SAML? Are there any other factors to consider?

7 REPLIES 7

Marcus_Christi2
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I have tested using Okta's SWA (Secure Web Authentication) protocol, which basically does a macro-type autofill of whatever credentials Okta had (which happen to be the AD credentials).

It works if I don't use AD Interactive on the Web Server.  If I use straight OnBase Authentication it will fill it perfectly fine.  Obviously that doesn't really meet the need, since we're using AD to authenticate the user.

I could in theory pull down the AD users, but then I'm adding administrative overhead to the process.

The SAML configuration was asking for way too many parameters compared to basic SiteMinder, so I never went further with it.

I'd be interested in what you/Hyland find out.

We also have a customer query re Okta and AD SSO in the cloud.
are there any plans to support?

thanks

any updates to this? Has anyone got it working in the cloud for OKTA?  Thanks.

Michelle

Marcus_Christi2
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

For those interested the new Identity Provider in 17 does work with Okta, configured as an SWA app with the 3-field template.  More information in my original posting:

https://www.onbase.com/community/onbase/web_server_product_page/f/web-server-product-community/24902...

SAML would work but then you'd need that license (Single Sign On For SAML) if you go that route.