cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL query that reports a list of individual users that have access to any given doctype

Michael_Newton
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Title says it all. Looking for a SQL query that reports a list of individual users that have access to a doctype, the query would need to sift through the groups that have access to said doc type in order to come up with a definitive list. It would be awesome if the query showed what group the user belonged to as well which was granting them access to said doc type.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Michael,

This is what i use on a reporting dashboard: 

select rtrim(G.USERGROUPNAME) as GroupName, trim(U.USERNAME), trim(U.REALNAME), rtrim(D.ITEMTYPENAME) as DocTypeName, U.LASTLOGON, U.DISABLELOGIN
from HSI.USERGROUPCONFIG X
left outer join HSI.USERGROUP G ON X.USERGROUPNUM = G.USERGROUPNUM
left outer join HSI.DOCTYPE D ON D.ITEMTYPENUM = X.ITEMTYPENUM
left outer join HSI.USERXUSERGROUP UXG ON UXG.USERGROUPNUM = G.USERGROUPNUM
left outer join HSI.USERACCOUNT U ON UXG.USERNUM = U.USERNUM
where trim(D.ITEMTYPENAME) = @{pConfigItemName}
and trim(G.USERGROUPNAME) != 'MANAGER'

My data provider has a select list for the parameter so you can choose which document type you want from a list. https://support.hyland.com/r/OnBase/Reporting-Dashboards/English/Foundation-22.1/Reporting-Dashboard... 

View answer in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Michael,

This is what i use on a reporting dashboard: 

select rtrim(G.USERGROUPNAME) as GroupName, trim(U.USERNAME), trim(U.REALNAME), rtrim(D.ITEMTYPENAME) as DocTypeName, U.LASTLOGON, U.DISABLELOGIN
from HSI.USERGROUPCONFIG X
left outer join HSI.USERGROUP G ON X.USERGROUPNUM = G.USERGROUPNUM
left outer join HSI.DOCTYPE D ON D.ITEMTYPENUM = X.ITEMTYPENUM
left outer join HSI.USERXUSERGROUP UXG ON UXG.USERGROUPNUM = G.USERGROUPNUM
left outer join HSI.USERACCOUNT U ON UXG.USERNUM = U.USERNUM
where trim(D.ITEMTYPENAME) = @{pConfigItemName}
and trim(G.USERGROUPNAME) != 'MANAGER'

My data provider has a select list for the parameter so you can choose which document type you want from a list. https://support.hyland.com/r/OnBase/Reporting-Dashboards/English/Foundation-22.1/Reporting-Dashboard... 

Brent_Fuller
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Michael,

I have a SQL query I built that outputs what you want, and more. It runs on either a doc type number or doc type group, outputs the groups that have access to it, what privileges those groups grant to the doc type, each user who has access, and what level of privileges (and override privileges) each user has on the doc type. The SQL query is a bit lengthy to post here. If you get your email address to me I'll shoot over the query. 

Brent Fuller

Brent, that would be amazing. Can you send said query to mikenewton902@gmail.com

? (I'm sure it'll just get blocked if we send it to my work email address)

I'd love to take a look!

I've sent it over. Let me know if you don't receive it in case it got caught on our outbound security.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.