cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Client Launch

Eric_Banks1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

When our users go to launch the Thick Client it can take anywhere between 30 seconds and a minute after double clicking the OnBase Client icon before the Logon Status Window appears and client loads. Is this a normal timing or is there something I can check to make the load response time faster?

19 REPLIES 19

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi There!

Where in the Logon process is it hanging?  Can you take a screenshot and post it?  Also, are you logging in with NT/LDAP authentication?

Thanks.

Joel_Lopez1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We can turn on Verbose and see if there is something that is taking longer when loading by using the -V,SQL switch.

Eric_Banks1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

The process is hanging right after the user double clicks on the icon for the client. They double click, wait 30+ seconds then the Logon Status windows loads fine and client loads fine. I am just concern on the delay of the logon status window appearing after the icon is double clicked due to users may complain on the slow response of accessing the program. We are using NT/LDAP authentication.

Greg_Garvin
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Shane....you mentioned NT/LDAP authentication...does this increase the login time?

Rochelle_Petts
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We have the same issue. We have the client installed locally and everyone has the correct version. I'm the System Admin and I experience this regularly. In addition, when it doesn't load immediately sometime I think I didn't click correclty, so try again. When it finally loads, I may have 2 or 3 logon screens ready to roll. It annoying.