cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select Multiple Keywords from a Data Set

Michael_Tedone
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We're working on a creating a new doc type and I've built a Keyword Data Set with seven possible Comments/Descriptions for this doc.  These will enter a Studio Workflow and be concatenated to the "Document Description".

I've now found out that most of the time these will be scanned as a pack including multiple Comments/Descriptions.

Is there a way to allow users to Ctrl+Click or select multiple items from a single Data Set?

Example:

Data Set:

• BILL
  • INVOICE
  • FOLLOW-UP
  • LETTER
  • OTHER
  • SUPPORT

Scanned package includes BILL, LETTER, and OTHER

NOTE:  My fall-back plan is to repeat the same Data Set as "Keyword #1, Keyword #2, Keyword #3" and have Workflow just concatenate those.

1 REPLY 1

Corinthia_Lill1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

You might try putting the keyword into a keyword group by itself, creating a single instance keyword group (SIKG) which would allow for multiple values of the keyword, all using the same data set.  What I'm not sure of is how you could concatenate SIKG values into a single value.  

But, even with a loose keyword, users can double-click the keyword type name in the keyword panel (using F6 or CTRL+T also works) which opens a new instance of the keyword, allowing users to add multiple values.  The only time users are not able to double-click a keyword and add multiple instances is if the keyword is in a SIKG where multiples are not allowed.  This might be the better option since you could update the auto-name string to show x number of instances of that keyword in the name.  Then, as long as you did not include that keyword in the display columns of a custom query, users would only see a single line for the results.  

Hope that helps! 🙂