cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for a Needle in a Haystack (OnBase Document Maintanence)

Christopher_Sny
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Good day, teammates!  I've searched our community and have not found a great answer to what I'm trying to do.  I see some great ideas to enhance this though.

I'm looking for two documents within 400k + and no, I don't have the record for the most documents in there.  : )

The issue we all face is there is no search, but I can sort by the columns above.

What is happening, is that when I sort by date, I see the first documents deleted in 2013.  If I hit the date again, I see documents deleted from 2021 prior to migrating to Hyland Cloud.  Great!

I'm looking for two documents deleted in 2020.  Not hard right?  When I sort by date, doc type, I try to get to 2020, but what is happening is that the scroll stops in the 2020 and cannot go further.

I was going to try to use SQL to find the documents in the doc types, get the doc handles, then sort by the document handle within document maintenance.  

I can be the only one having this issue, am I?

Thanks again!

Chris

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Christopher Snyder 

If you are trying to purge the documents, the easiest thing might be to bring them into workflow by finding them as a related item based on the document handle. From there you could use the "purge document" action. (on further thought, the related item search would probably ignore anything marked deleted...)

select *

from ITEMDATA 

where STATUS = '16'

and ITEMTYPENUM = '' --your document type ID here

;

should help you find the deleted items' document handle. 

If you are trying to un-delete, that's trickier since that can only be done in document maintenance... 

Edited to add - I double checked and there's not an API option: "The OnBase Unity API does not have any additional functionality for working with the 'Document Maintenance' module and cannot undelete documents that have been previously deleted. "

View answer in original post

Mike_Walkuski
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone,

One way to hopefully make this a bit easier is that Document Maintenance does restrict based on User Group privileges to the Document Types.

So, unless you have 400k deleted documents in a single Document Type, you should be able to create a User/User Group combo that only has access to the one Document Type the documents are in which will hopefully reduce the list to a point where you can access the documents to undelete.

Before:

1c4255499b5d40a0ab6e4fa0e16234e8

After:

ce2dfe52de9f45468b9f8e83dcc4817e

I hope this helps!

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Christopher_Sny
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Good afternoon, @Larissa Armand and @Mike Walkuski .  Thank you for both solutions!  I used both.  The query to find the doc handles, then limited my user group to the two doc types I was searching.  I was able to undelete the documents.

Thank you for your assistance!

Chris

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.