Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler Service Not Finding Files

MikeBruckner
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi All,

I wanted to see if anyone has run across a similar issue I'm seeing. We saw the issue back in OnBase 11, and working with support had come up with a 'workaround,' but it has since re-appeared in 13.

We have a Scheduler service running on our servers that is designed to process a bunch of jobs (autofill, DIP, COLD). The service generally runs fine, except when we need to re-process a job. For some reason, if I try to do a 'Run Now' on a job that just ran fine that morning, I'll get an error back in the verification report saying that the file can't be found.

I have even tried logging into the server as myself (which, in addition to the account running the service, has full rights to the directory and import file), but saw the same error.

The strange thing is that if the scheduler service is restarted, I can do a "Run Now" and the service finds the file and imports it just fine.

I'm not seeing that the target file itself is locked (using SysInternals Handle.exe), and the issue occurs regardless of if the (in this case) autofill processor is configured to look for the file locally, or over a UNC share.

Any thoughts or insight if greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-Mike 

3 REPLIES 3

Jonathan_Thorn2
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Might not be a OS lock but an OnBase Doc/Process lock, which wouldn't show up in sysinernals.

Have you checked Document and Process Lock Administration in the Thick Client?

It might just be a matter of releasing a lock before rerunning the job.

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Launching the client, either as yourself or as the service account that normally runs the job, launches another instance of the obclnt32.exe. So, in reality, you or you acting as the svc account would be running the job by pressing "Run Now" - not the windows service created in config. on the processing server. Re-starting the configured service re-initializes the clock so to speak, that's why you see the job run when you re-start the configured service. Depending on how your job schedule is set up, something like 'every 15 minutes' would be "refreshed" when you re-start the service.

Dan_Travers
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Mike, are there any errors recorded in the Platter Management log when the file is not found? You can search the Platter Management log by date range in the OnBase Client under Admin > Transaction Logs > Create Report > Platter Management Log.

Also, the Thick Client Verbose tab of the Diagnostics Console may provide more information regarding the errors that are occurring when the OnBase Windows Service runs the scheduled process job. Pages 59-61 of the Diagnostics Service and Diagnostics Console MRG describe how to enable logging for Windows Services in the Diagnostics Console.

The OnBase 13 Diagnostics Service and Diagnostics Console MRG can be found here: https://www.onbase.com/community/onbase_product_communities/m/ob13mrg/default.aspx?pi780596=3

Dan