cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning error in Thick client

Andy_Miller
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello, we had to reinstall/upgrade our Kofax VRS software as well as the Panasonic software and when attempting to scan now, the following error is displayed. The paper does scan but the images do not display in the Thick client and then the Scan Thread error displays. I have validated VRS is working correctly by using the VRS Test application. Ideas on what the issue is?

e1dd9667d4ec41778b5911e33b65b64f

6 REPLIES 6

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Have you verified that you can configure the scan formats and it loads the configuration window for the scanner and driver you are using? That sounds like an access issue.

We have our scan formats saved off onto a share. I did re-register the workstation with the Kofax/Twain license and also re-imported all the scan formats. If I go into Scan Format Setup, select the scan format shown above, and then select Scanner Setup, it does display the scanner properties:

6e10e72389d34326a8aa525bde48a2bc

Also, when I click Properties on the Select Scan Source window, it it greyed out on the Select Scanner window.

823205d00c714716ac7092a5e08266e5

Brendan_O_Brien
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Did you by chance find a fix for this? We are getting the exact same error in the same context (had to reinstall Kofax, now the format that previously work is just throwing this error).