cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retreiving encrypted data from an external MS SQL DB during Autofill KW Set Action

Greg_Kinne4
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have an external db that I need to execute a SQL stmt against during an Autofill KW action (during indexing in Scan Queue).  The SSN field is encrypted in the external MS SQL db.  I can manually retrieve the encrypted SSN using the following TSQL command.  Can I place this code in the SQL box in the External Autofill KW set with parameters just as I would if I just used a simple SQL Select stmt?

USE Cusomer_Keywords

GO
OPEN SYMMETRIC KEY KWTableKey Dectyption
BY CERTIFICATE EncryptKWCert

SELECT CONVERT(NVARCHAR(50),DECRYPTBYKEY(EncryptedSSN)) AS DecryptedSSN

FROM KWData WHERE Last_Name =  
'Smith' 

GO

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Greg,

Although you may have already gotten the asnwer to you issue Hyland is making an effort ensure that all forum posts have an "ansered" solution.  So, for the benefit of others we would like verify that your issue was resolved.

The SQL box of the External Autofill should be able to handle your request.  That box should not restrict any SQL that is there.  It shold simply return the same results as it would if you executed it directly against the SQL database.  If this is not case, please feel to contact your first line of support for further assistance.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.