Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming AD groups when mapped with OnBase groups

David_Chatterto
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi,

We're using AD enhanced authentication, mapping AD groups to OnBase groups. I was looking to rename most of our groups to follow a standard, however upon testing I noticed the AD group name doesn't update once renamed in the Active Directory - Enhanced window - it still shows the old name. Is this by design? Do I have to remap once I do the renaming?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @David Chatterton ,

If you are using AD - Enhanced and the OnBase - AD user groups are already mapped, then the OnBase User Group stores the SID (security ID - i.e. unique identifier in AD) for the AD user group.  Renaming the user group in OnBase or AD should not have any effect on the mapping (note, I haven't tested this).  

Take care.

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @David Chatterton ,

If you are using AD - Enhanced and the OnBase - AD user groups are already mapped, then the OnBase User Group stores the SID (security ID - i.e. unique identifier in AD) for the AD user group.  Renaming the user group in OnBase or AD should not have any effect on the mapping (note, I haven't tested this).  

Take care.

Thanks Adam!

My pleasure. 

James_Perry
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I am finding that renaming the group in AD is updating the group name in OnBase but not the linked name when expanding. This appears to be the CN but when clicked on it is the distinguishedName.

In this example, we renamed the group from 'VETERANS OB SCAN' to 'VT OB Scan'.

13df1ec281e341f19c8f20bf80e18120

Do we have to do a SQL update to fix this?

No one person needs to know everything—they simply need to know who knows it.