cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Copy 2

Cory_Crocker
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

When we first set up our OnBase environment, we originally planned on using a copy 1 / copy 2 setup. Items stored at Copy 1 would be stored temporarily on fast, expensive network storage. Items that were over X months old would then be committed to Copy 2, which resided on slower, cheaper, ATMOS (Centera) storage.

That idea was reversed a few days before we went live with OnBase internally, and changes were made such that Copy 1 and Copy 2 are effectively both on fast, expensive network storage. We're now looking to get rid of Copy 2 altogether - we don't need it, just a waste of space; However, we have not had much luck in finding a way to do this.

When going through Disk Group Configuration -> Settings, if we attempt to change the number of copies from 2 to 1 a message pops up stating that 'The number of copies cannot be decreased". After glancing through the SysAdmin MRG, we haven't come any closer to eliminating Copy 2 from our environment.

We are currently using OnBase 15.

Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Chris_Young
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
I would also like to perform this operation.

Carl_Vincent
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Sorry but, it's impossible to delete a copy. If you really want it you must engage Hyland Services for doing this for you, and my FLOS tell me that cost something for that type of change.

I have the same issues, I just change all my Copy 2 of all volume and put them "Backup" type.

As Carl mentions, we went from three mass storage copies with one backup to one mass storage copy with four backups - by changing the copy type to backup for our two unnecessary mass storage copies. However, due to the large number of volumes we engaged Hyland to make the changes via database script.