cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remoting Versus SOAP

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Our software vendor has changed the protocol for accessing the OnBase Web/App server from REMOTE to SOAP.  I know this by checking these three areas.

1) The Web.Config file under the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AppNet directory IS referencing Remoting based on this line of code...

<ApplicationServer Url="http://DCJSAPP00/AppServer/Service.rem" ServiceClientType="Remoting" />

2) The Web Config file under the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AppServer directory IS referencing SOAP based on this line of code...

<requestFiltering>                   
          <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="960000000" />
        </requestFiltering>
      </security>
        <defaultDocument>
            <files>
                <clear />
                <add value="service.asmx" />
            </files>
        </defaultDocument>
  </system.webServer>
  <system.diagnostics>

3) Within the "Configuration" utility and under "Utils" and "Application Server" the setting is "http://dcjsapp00/AppServer/service.asmx

This is a 12.0.3 version of OnBase and running on a Windows 2008 R2 Standard server (Service Pack 1) with both the Application and Web installed on the same logical server.

Is there something I am missing that may key me in on why the vendor has the AppServer setting set to SOAP protocol instead of REMOTING?

The vendor would lead us to believe that setting is made in order to resolve an issue with the user being able to connect in via their 3rd party software application.  But perhaps something else needs to be considered in order to keep things copesthetic and using "Remoting".  Everything I have read and heard (class room) is that SOAP was used under prior releases of OnBase and that you "should" be using Remoting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am under fire in order to get this issue resolved. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Mike

64 bit O/S

5 REPLIES 5

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Greg,

The information you have offered here is extremely helpful and concise.  The Web and App Server are on the same virtual VM Ware server.  Everything is on the LAN and there presently does not exist any firewall in play here.  And we do not load balance (at the present time).  Let me check again with the user to verify the precise problem that they were having.  Stay tuned because a lot of people are out of the office due to the holidays.  I expect to post back before the end of the week.  Thank you for the quick response and you have a Happy New Year 2014!

Mike

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.