cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Performance Problems on Disk C: (O/S drive) and CPU Across Various Areas on Web/App OnBase Server

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am experiencing degrading performance while in and installed OnBase 12 development (Web and App on same VM Ware server - installed on E: logical disk volume).  Running 2 x 2.93Ghz processors, 4GB RAM, SAN Disk, iiS and Net 4.0 (on C: Drive) Oracle 11gR2 running on IBM AIX, MS Office and Hyland software installed on E: along with Oracle 10g client. 

Shows disk queue length spikes along with higher-than-normal raises on various OnBase server-side client install while running Text Search,  And <Admin> <Transaction Logs> <View Messages> <Configuration Log> when paging amongst the result set (4,047 entries) it will hang with the dreaded Hour Glass, spike the disk queue length, and it also drives up the CPU.

What things would I rather look at for troubleshooting these anomalies?  It needs to be resolved ASAP while we are prepping

Thank you,

Mike

11 REPLIES 11

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Michael,

I would recommend that you contact your first line of support for assistance with troubleshooting an issue of this nature.

Ansley

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have and it has been like finding a red herring.  I was hoping that someone out on the community site may offer some suggestions beyond the normal perfmon, restart Windows, etc.  Where does OnBase keep it's result set for displaying the transaction logs?  When you go to the bottom and start paging back through the result set, it is pushing out the disk queue length and sometimes is taking a while to return/refresh the result set back on the screen.  It also seems to cycle up the CPU usage.

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Michael,

Perfmon would definately be a good place to start, however with all of the pieces you mentioned in your post it sounds like you have a rather complex environment on a VM with potentially competing processes (AppServer, Database Server, etc.) all on that VM. That's not an ideal configuration in and of itself, however this type of complexity is difficult to troubleshoot in a forum situation.

I'll reach out to your vendor and see what we can do to assist with troubleshooting this issue with you. You should hear something from them soon.

Ansley

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Ansley,

Thanks so much for your attention and reaching out to the vendor.  The database is Oracle 11gR2 and it is on another server running IBM AIX server.  We have looked at this area already and we have seen no performance hits and/or problems at the database level. 

Kindest regards,

Mike