cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship between Application Server and Data Capture Server

Sean_Killian
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I'm not sure if I'm posting this question into the right place, but my question has to do with the architecture of an OnBase system. I'm wondering if an Application Server is a requirement for the Data Capture server.  I don't see anywhere the application server is mentioned within the Data Capture Server MRG other than how to "point" the Application Server to the Data Capture Server in its web.config but that indicates to me that certain functionality that the Application Server provides (e.g. Interactive Data Capture) depends on the Data Capture Server and not that the Data Capture Server depends on the Application Server.  Am I right?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Sean,

The Data Capture Server does not require the Application Server, however there is some functionality of the Application Server which does require the Data Capture Server.  An example is Full-Text Search functionality requires the Data Capture Server to be accessible from the Application Server.

Hope this helps.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Sean,

The Data Capture Server does not require the Application Server, however there is some functionality of the Application Server which does require the Data Capture Server.  An example is Full-Text Search functionality requires the Data Capture Server to be accessible from the Application Server.

Hope this helps.