cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reindex (Pre-Archive) Script Hook Not saving Keywords?

Christopher_Per
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Good Morning - 

Recently I have upgraded my Test System from 13.2 to 15.2. One of the things I tested deal with a special VB Script I have running in the background. Basically, if a Keyword is of a certain value, I pop up a message stating that other keywords need to be filled and prevent the user from continuing. What I noticed though is that under the Reindex(Pre Archive) script hook, Onbase automatically reverts to the original keyword values. So if I reindex the document, make some changes to the keywords and forget something, the script will kick in and revert back to the original values of the document instead of keeping the current values. 

Keep in mind that this script works completely fine in 13.2, and when i try to reindex something and I get the message that i need something, the new values are retained. 

So my question is this: has anything changed in this area from 13 to 15? If so, is there a way around it? Anything you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Patrick_Sweeney
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello again Chris,

That is indeed the code that should be used to cancel the Reindex process.

After talking to a few other employees it appears that the behavior you're seeing was introduced in SCR #155400, an SCR that was made to resolve a separate bugfix.  A byproduct of that fix appears to be that the Reindex panel is being reset when the process is canceled.  Currently we're investigating this issue and we'll most likely be creating an SCR to address it.  I'll try to update this post to update you if an SCR is created to address this issue or if other action is taken.

Thanks Chris, sorry I don't have a good workaround for you

Update: Okay Chris, SCR #247613 has been created to address this issue.  If you'd like to follow this SCR you can contact technical support to get yourself attached to the SCR.

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Scott_McLean
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
Does your script call the Core API (DMCoreX)? If so, you'll need to rework the script, since that API has been removed in v15. If you call the OnBase Client API via the ScriptAPI object, you might need to redo the DCOM configuration or register the DLL following the new installation.

Christopher_Per
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Hi Scott -

I don't think I am using any of the Core API. All of my code resides in Sub Main 35 (which I believe is the non core part of the code). Also, I am using the Automation Library only. I am not using the thick client (with functions that start with mz...)

If I need to register DLLS, which ones should I be registering?

Patrick_Sweeney
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Hi Chris,
Scott is correct in that the biggest thing to change between 13 and 15 was the removal of DMCoreX. The dlls that he is likely referring to are mzapi.dll and mzasp.dll.

Is there more detail you can provide about how you're evaluating the document keywords and how you're cancelling the reindex process? It might help in identifying exactly what changed and why you're seeing different behavior. Thanks,

Christopher_Per
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Hi Patrick -

The way I am handling this is I have a library in the background. This library has flags that turn on based on certain keywords and their values. If no message is needed, then the return code I am using is 0. If I do get a message, I am returning a code of -1.

Perhaps I need a different return code?