cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recycling of App Pools

Peter_Scaramuzz
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We have some contractors that are working really early morning hours. They are reporting they are getting logged out. Could the (staggered) recycling of the application pools (during this time frame) cause this? I would think that the Onbase (Thick) Client (V17) would be resilient and automatically establish a connection to another available app pool. I tried finding documentation on the effects of recycling app pools but could not find any. I did see that it would not remove locks incurred by users. However is there anything that it would affect?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hello Peter,

While the Thick Client is fairly resilient to most things, if the user in the Thick Client is using Core Based Workflow and the Application Pool they are connected to is recycled, they would need to close and re-open the client to use these functions. The thick client will not automatically grab a new session. Clients like the Unity Client, OBA, and other Unity Foundation modules will do this.

Thanks,

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hello Peter,

While the Thick Client is fairly resilient to most things, if the user in the Thick Client is using Core Based Workflow and the Application Pool they are connected to is recycled, they would need to close and re-open the client to use these functions. The thick client will not automatically grab a new session. Clients like the Unity Client, OBA, and other Unity Foundation modules will do this.

Thanks,

That's helpful, thank you!!!!