cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.PUB file types

Devon_Tirillo3
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Are .PUB (MS Publisher) files supported? If yes, what is the MIME Type and the file type number that I would put in for that if I added it to the File Formats?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Dev. Yes. I have Publisher on my pc as the custom viewer. I've tested it with both thick and web.

Command Line: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSPUB.EXE %P\%N

MIME: application/x-mspublisher

Found this list that  comes in handy for custom file types:

http://www.freeformatter.com/mime-types-list.html#mime-types-list

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Dev. Yes. I have Publisher on my pc as the custom viewer. I've tested it with both thick and web.

Command Line: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSPUB.EXE %P\%N

MIME: application/x-mspublisher

Found this list that  comes in handy for custom file types:

http://www.freeformatter.com/mime-types-list.html#mime-types-list

Devon_Tirillo3
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks, Jose! What is the file type number you use? As in, when creating a DIP file and using >>File Type, what number did you use? I tried creating a new format in config and using that number but DIP did not accept it.

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

hmmm... Unfortunately we are not using DIP yet, so I can't test that. Is the default file type on the doc type settings set to PUB? I really don't know why else it would reject the File Type # that is assigned in config when you create the format.

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Devon,

That number / id is assigned by the system.  Just create the file format via the file format configuration.  Then just click on or highlight the file format descritpion and you'll see the Id you need in the upper right hand corner.  Note; if you tried that and it didn't work then something may be wrong with your definition...