cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Locks

Matt_Leonard3
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is there a way to check for Process Locks that are old/stale and remove them via scripting?

We have a Workflow Timer Unity Script process that calls a custom external DLL and has memory leaks so it crashes the entire Workflow Timer service intermittently.  As a work around, we have cleaned up everything except for the process lock it leaves behind.  Is there any way we can clean that up programmatically?

Thank you,

Matt Leonard

11 REPLIES 11

Hi all

We were on 15.0.1.84. We very rarely heard from our customers about locks. When we did it was, someone has an e-form locked in workflow and I can't "do what I need to do" or they crashed / left their Unity client connected and had a lock themselves and of course ignored the "you have locks" message.

We upgraded to OnBase 17.0.1.67 (don't use this build) and yes we use Unity Scan and Indexing. (no one aside from the App team uses thick client and no Web Client yet...) We see hundreds of locks leftover on a daily basis. We see a large number of them coming from the scan queue process. We have someone who reviews incoming invoice batches (mailbox importer) to route to the correct scan queue based on which College's Finance Center needs to review and index the documents. Every time she views a batch, closes it and routes the view lock sticks. This same behavior did not result in locks with the previous version.

We have worked with support. Document locks and document checkout reporting has changed in 17 and from what I can tell is not yet fully implemented. There is a new check out tab but it shows no information. When the person reviewing scan queues locks an unindexed document it shows in the document locks tab as a Check out. That's not confusing... Support claims that is working as expected according to development. Since there is not document name string to use they coded it to just use Check out. I don't think that was the best choice.

So every morning we delete all locks... interestingly, if it is a legitimate lock active use, it remains locked for the user and the others get removed.

KP

PS - do not upgrade to 17.0.1.anything... as far as I can tell. We were too far into our user acceptance testing, which failed to expose any of our issues, so we were not allowed to push off the upgrade even though we had identified some bugs and there were plenty of indications from others on communities to get the latest build.

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry you have not had a good experience upgrading to OnBase 17. While this may not account for all of the locks you are seeing in the scan queue process, I would like to inform you of SCR 295350 where we addressed an issue with document locks remaining open after a user views a document in the batch from the batch list view (e.g. not while actively processing a batch in a status). This could account for many of the locks you are seeing.

This correction is available in OnBase 17 SP2 (build 77). I attached your account to the SCR to make it easier to reference if you contact support.

Hope this helps,
Tommy