cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating OLE Viewer

Josh_Belmonte
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We seem to get this error a lot when users are accessing MS Word Documents in the thick client. It fixes itself when the user restarts their computer. Is there a more permanent fix other than restarting their computer? Some of our users get it more frequently than others... like every single day.

9 REPLIES 9

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Josh,

It's pretty odd for a computer to lose it's file extension to application mapping midway through the day.  At the time that this error occurs, can the user open a Word Document through Explorer (Outside of OnBase)?

What version of OnBase?  What OS is the computer running?  Is this error occurring though straight retrieval or in a Core Based Workflow Queue?

Cheers,
Seth 

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I should also have asked "What version of Word/Office?"

Cheers,
Seth 

Josh_Belmonte
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

So this is with OnBase 12 thick client, happens with Microsoft Office 32/64 bit, and typically the user will also be using microsoft word outside of OnBase. They are pulling up these word documents from retrieval when it occurs.

Josh_Arnold
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Has anyone else experienced this?  We see this very frequently, and have yet to find a permanent solutions.  Rather than restarting, I have asked my users to open the host application prior to selecting the file from OnBase.  For example, if a DOC or DOCX file is causing the issue, then open word first.  This still throws a corruption error, but does allow the user to continue.