cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem reindexing open documents

Ron_Robinson
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

In OnBase Client, on my desktop (Windows 10, with Adobe Pro), I can run a query, open a document that I need to Reindex, and still be able to see the document and reindex to correct missing fields.  On my employee's Client, when she opens the document and moves it.  She clicks reindex, but when she does, the keyword fields are blue and won't allow any entry.  If you then close the document, right click on the query result again, and then click reindex, it will allow you to reindex.  But then you don't have the document open to see the information you are trying to index.  Then to add more intrigue to this, when we go to try the next document, I can't even get the reindex to work.  It is grayed out.  I have to close the client and reopen it to do one more document and then the same thing happens. 

I have checked my user settings vs the employee, and both are exactly the same.  Employee is using Windows 7 and does not have adobe pro, but I certainly should be able to have a document open and reindex it at the same time.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ron_Robinson
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Finally found the answer to this due to another issue.   Even though I had two desktops that I run that worked for years without issue, they suddenly developed the same issue.   Lucked into the resolution by finding that I needed to go to Internet Explorer, Add-Ons and disable the addon for Adobe.   That resolved my issue.   Tried the same on another pc and it resolved it there as well.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ron_Robinson
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Finally found the answer to this due to another issue.   Even though I had two desktops that I run that worked for years without issue, they suddenly developed the same issue.   Lucked into the resolution by finding that I needed to go to Internet Explorer, Add-Ons and disable the addon for Adobe.   That resolved my issue.   Tried the same on another pc and it resolved it there as well.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.