cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing

Stephanie_Baker
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We recently upgraded to 15.0.2.128 SP2.  We only have one real issue, which is printing.  Tech Support gave me a workaround for the message, "You are attempting to print more than 10 pages in a single document.  Do you wish to continue?" in workstation options.  Our issue is the majority of our users are virtual clients and they log into a pool and their workstation changes at each log in.  Does anyone have mostly virtual users and do you have a solution?  My understanding this is fixed in 16 but we just upgraded to 15 and 16 isn't available.  Would appreciate any help to make our users happy.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Stef,

Thank you for posting to Community.

I know that it has been a while since you made this original post but I wanted to try to clarify a couple of things in hopes of answering your question.

The SCR that you are referring to that is fixed in OnBase 16 is SCR #226931. The workaround for the issue is to set the 'Maximum # of pages before print warning' to a value of '0'. This setting is set in Onbase Configuration (Configuration > Printing > Print Queues > select the Print Queue > Settings > Print Size Warning). Since this option is set in OnBase Configuration, it should affect your entire solution. There is no need to update the individual workstations at all. If your users are using virtual clients, there should not be a problem with the workstation changing with each login.

If you have set the 'Maximum # of pages before print warning' to a value of '0' and are still receiving the error when printing, please reach out to your First Line of Support to troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney

Hyland Software Tech Support Team Leader

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Stef,

Do your users have their onbase32.ini file on the workstation or is it on a shared network resource (such as a mapped drive)? If it is on the workstation, you may can move the ini to a mapped drive to eliminate the issue.

For instance, each user in our organization has a personal mapped drive (Z:) and we add the command line switch to point the INI file to the person's Z drive ( -SEEDINI -INIFILE= “Z:\onbase32.ini”). We add the SEEDINI file so the user does not get an error if he/she does not have an INI file already.

More information can be found in the command line switch and terminal server MRG's.

Mateusz_Bubik
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Try to update Adobe Acrobat Reader to the newest version https://get.adobe.com/pl/reader/

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Stef,

Thank you for posting to Community.

I know that it has been a while since you made this original post but I wanted to try to clarify a couple of things in hopes of answering your question.

The SCR that you are referring to that is fixed in OnBase 16 is SCR #226931. The workaround for the issue is to set the 'Maximum # of pages before print warning' to a value of '0'. This setting is set in Onbase Configuration (Configuration > Printing > Print Queues > select the Print Queue > Settings > Print Size Warning). Since this option is set in OnBase Configuration, it should affect your entire solution. There is no need to update the individual workstations at all. If your users are using virtual clients, there should not be a problem with the workstation changing with each login.

If you have set the 'Maximum # of pages before print warning' to a value of '0' and are still receiving the error when printing, please reach out to your First Line of Support to troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney

Hyland Software Tech Support Team Leader