cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Error

Denise_Erickson
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We are upgrading our computers from Windows XP to Windows 7 64-bit.  We are coming across a random problem where some computers can print and some cant.  On the computers that cannot print, we get an error that says:  Error Creating redirected Printer DC.  You click ok, and another error displays: Driver Name:"winspool"  Device Name:  " the printer name "  Port:  "".

The document does not print.  Then we have some computers where we have no problem printing.  We are using a shared network printer and all the settings are the same for everyone. 

On the few computers that this has occured on, I have noticed that API does not work either.  I dont know how they are related, but it seems to be a consistent symptom.

Any help would be very much appreciated!  We have been working on trying to fix this for weeks!

Thanks, Denise Erickson

Postal Credit Union

4 REPLIES 4

Aki_Daiguji
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Denise,

I'm not sure if you had contacted Tech Support or API Support already with this issue. If you have, please just disregard the below suggestion.

Researching on the error message seemed like it could be a domain controller error, so I would check to see if these machines that you are accessinng to is actually in your network domain. If it isn't, not only will you not be able to print or access the Applicaiton Server (in which Hyland Services API must access, if Application Server is only accessible from within your domain), you won't be able to do many things like access a network folder that's only accessible if you are in the domain, or access the Outlook Exchange Server, etc.

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Denise,

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. Hyland is currently in the process of ensuring all questions are responded to and/or answered. If your inquiry is still relevant or requires further assistance, please do not hesitate to repost your inquiry or contact your first line support team.

Please let us know if you are still in need of assistance. if not, we will consider the issue resolved and mark this post as such.

Regards,

John_Lambrechts
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Denise,

I am having this same issue. Did you end up resolving this with your first line of support? The accepted answer doesn't seem to be a fix to the issue as all my computers are on the domain.

Any information you have on correcting this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JP Lambrechts
lambrechtsj@vbco.org
Van Buren County Information Services

Cameron_Gray
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
I would also be curious if there was ever an answer to this. The accepted answer was not relevant to our configuration either.