cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-loading the application/web servers faster

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Does anyone have amy suggestions on how to preload the application/web servers faster? I am hoping to find a way to make it so that after an iisreset or server reboot or something that I can get them to initialize faster and be up ready to go instead of having to wait. This question is a big one especially as the amount of users we have grows and the fact that we are looking to have more users going mobile by chance through the new mobile app in EP4.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Michael_Reindel
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Ryan,

If you are using an appliance like a load balancer that performs a health check, point it to the blank.aspx page for the web server and service.asmx for the app server. Using a .htm file won't always cause the web.config to compile, but the .aspx will.

Mike

This is great news to hear, but I was just told that while this is a good idea, it won't work because we have one single URL that load balances all of the different application pools for all of our application servers. And our appliance can't do multiple URL's, it can only do a single URL which means pre-loading the application/web pools won't work. Unfortunately when our appliance sees that the one health check URL is down, it will take the whole server out of the mix. So this basically means that I might as well just schedule an iisreset every night and then schedule that script to ping all of the different URL's with the service.asmx in them to pre-load them.

I will take any other suggestions you might have @Michael Reindel . 🙂

Nathaniel_Call1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

@Ryan Wakefield, We're load balanced and we point to the blank.aspx and the service.asmx to do this as well for each application server and each web server. We don't point directly to the load balancers for it.