cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSTNET Bar Code not rendering on an archived statement that's rendered using a windows service

Dylan_Kopischke
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Question regarding POSTNET Bar Codes and Statement Processing using a windows service 

I have the statement rendering configured to run on two separate processing workstations.  Workstation1 handles eStatements and sending statements to the printer.  Workstation2 handles the archiving of statements.

Workstation1:  I’m running the –POS switch (Print Only Server) as a windows service.

Workstation2:  I’m running the –PAS switch (Print Archive Server) as a windows service.

THE PROBLEM - The PostNet barcode font is not rendering on archived statements when archived using the windows service.

• I can make it work on the same workstation if I disable the service and switch to processing with an open OnBase client with the –PAS switch.  This tells me that the PostNet barcodes are installed correctly on the workstation.
  • I’m specifying a domain user to run the windows service and it’s the same user I’m logged in with when it processes correctly using the OnBase client with –PAS switch.
  • I should also note that the PostNet barcodes render correctly on Workstation1 running the Print Only Server as a windows service.
  • I’ve followed the how to create windows services instructions from the SysAdmin MRG i.e. renaming client exe, exclusive temp paths, and INI files.

Until I figure this out,  I have the Print Archive Server running in the open OnBase client and the customer is able to process statements as usual.  

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Dylan,

I would probably suggest reaching out to your first line of support to troubleshoot this further as this will more than likely require setting up a similar scenario internally.

Thanks,

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Dylan,

I would probably suggest reaching out to your first line of support to troubleshoot this further as this will more than likely require setting up a similar scenario internally.

Thanks,

Got it working a couple weeks ago. Support did setup it up in there environment and it worked no problem. Turned out the computer just needed a restart which I think was needed for the windows service to recognize the newly installed font. I tested the font in MS Word and it was recognized without restart. Now I'm like restart computer, duh, troubleshooting 101.

Thanks for the response.

Glad to hear it has been resolved Dylan!