cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to Get the Executing Action (ID or Name) that has Triggered a Script Execution?

Nick_Knight1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I'm assuming the answer is NO, but it sure would be helpful.   I am trying to create something similar to CustomLogEntries into a WV class.  I was hoping I could base the logged message off of the action name.  The WF CustomLogMessage mechanism adds this to the transaction log, but I see no way to get this from what the Unity API offers.

Am I missing it, or is this just not possible?  Using a property for now, but would be nice as a single-action mechanism.

3 REPLIES 3

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nick,

I added the OnBase APIs tag to this question so that community members following that group will be notified of this thread.

Can you please provide a bit of a bigger picture of what you are trying to accomplish so we can get a better understanding to provide you with proper advice?

Thanks,

~Alan

Deena_Hess
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I want this too! 🙂

Nick_Knight1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have this working now, but I have to set a property to pass in the message.  I store a WV object based on a bunch of environment data (current date/time, user and I have LC and queue data already).  So these actions are required:

Action Name                               Action config

Set pbEventText to X              set prop pbEventText = "my text to add goes here"
Add WV Log Entry                    Run Script: Add WV Log Entry

This gets funky if I need to add 2-3 items in the same level of the same task list as I remember getting "it's already in the list" with multiple Add WV Log Entry actions.

What I'd like to be able to do:

Action Name                                                      Action config

WVLog: My Text To Add Goes Here           Run Script: Add WV Log Entry

Where the script actually had access to the action name and would know to write text past the colon.  It I had the text of the action name, I'm all set.  ActionID?  I could look up the text easily enough and provide the ID and the text to save to WV.  Saves on name conflicts when multiple log entries are in the same task list.