Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating a MIKG as Autofill(external) from a Standard Keyword in a Unity Form

Doug_Latch
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Here is my scenario -

We have a unity form where a user enters a customer name and an autofill external script then pulls a number of key values (based on that name) from an Oracle database via a web service.  This populates a keyword called Vendor ID.

From the Vendor ID, we need to make another call to the Oracle database to bring back a list of open invoices.  The user will then select the desired invoice(s) and the result will populate a MIKG in a table.  So far, the only way that I can get the table to populate is to include the Vendor ID in the MIKG but then the first autofill script doesn't have access to the keyword.

This must be a fairly common occurrence in AR and AP scenarios, where you need to bring back a list of invoices based on a value that is outside of the MIKG.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

From further clarification of the process, MIKGs were attempting to be added that referenced a Stand Alone Keyword Value that was added from an External Autofill Script.  Unfortunately, the MIKG Record was not accessible from the Autofill Script.

To achieve the business needs, a Unity Form must be used.  A Custom Action can be added that runs a Custom Action Unity Script if a specific value is found Empty.  This programmatically added RepeaterItems to the Repeater on the form as soon as the Autofill populated a value.

In this case, no SCR within the Development Backlog would apply to this case.  

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Fabian_Serna
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Good Morning.

I had this same problem a customer and the solution was raised at the end:

Store all normal keyword in the unity form and eventually fill the KTG with a script unity. I expect a solution in the future.

Fabian Serna.

Regards!!!

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi DLatch

As Fabian mentioned, Unity Forms are able to utilize this cascading functionality within the args.SearchParameters.RelatedKeywordRecords within an External Dataset Script.  This will require a checkbox to be enabled to pass the Related KeywordRecords to the Unity Form.  

Currently, there are multiple SCRs within the Development backlog to allow a wider use this functionality within standard Document.  I would recommend contacting your first line of support with your specific business case to be attached to an existing SCR.

Doug_Latch
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Can you be more explicit regarding what check box needs to be set?

API Support has been contacted in regards to this issue. If a possible solution is found, it will be posted for the rest of Community.