cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platter State

Paul_Mefford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I am in need of deleting images, and the Onbase.id files from a copy2 of a volume.  I was going to manually remove the images, and Onbase.id from the file server, or thru a script, and then mark copy2 of of the volume as 'Delete (Removed)' within Onbase Disk group configuration.

As long as copy1 of that volume is still online image retreival should work fine, but if copy1 was unavailble would the Onbase client still attempt to look for the Onbase.id in copy2 volume that was marked as 'Delete (Removed')? Or is the Onbase sytem smart enough to realize that volume is no longer present, and will not attempt to look for a Onbase.id file?

5 REPLIES 5

Shane_Boss
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

If you need the contents of a volume removed it makes more sense to go throught the platter management and manually delete the copy2 of the volume,  That way the database gets properly updated where needed.

Paul_Mefford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

That would be my ideal choice, but I only need copy2 of the volume removed, and I am looking at over 2,000 volumes I need to do this to. Running a script on the file server to remove the images,folders, and Onbase.id file would be easier or even deleting the entire share where copy2 of the volume resides would be even quicker.

As far as I know Hyland does not offer any mass volume purge processes, so from where I stand deleteing the images, folders, and Onbase.id files directly on the file server, and marking the platter as 'Delete(removed)' is my only option.

Or even better is there a script that anyone has ran that will flag a platter as 'Delete(removed)' ?

Paul_Mefford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

The PHYSICALPLATTER table column PLATTERDELETED column holds that flag that indicates a copy of a volume is deleted. Is there any API functionality that can be utilized or possibly even some sort of Workflow process that can be used to flag a volume copy as deleted?

Thomas_Nowakows
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Why do you not want to use copy 2?  Is there a copy 3?

You may want to contact your first line of support for assistance.