cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Input Filter not recognizing auto-name change

Sarah_Speed
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a COLD - Visual PDF process configured in the OnBase Client for a single document type. I recently changed the auto-name in Configuration for the said document type, but the COLD process continues to name documents using the old name. I've deleted the schedule and configuration in the OnBase Client and rebuilt them to no avail. Is this a known issue? Is there a way to fix it without having to use Configuration to rename all the documents on a continual basis?

2 REPLIES 2

Dan_Travers
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Sarah, when the auto-name string for a document type is modified in Configuration, any OnBase Clients that are open should be re-launched so that they start using the updated auto-name string data. If you are running the OnBase Client as a Windows Service to process the COLD documents into the system then the Windows Service should also be restarted.

Restarting the client after changing the auto-name string in Configuration will update the auto-name string format that is used to create document names for new documents on a day-forward basis. If there are existing documents still using the old auto-name string format you can go back into Configuration and select the "Rename All Documents of This Document Type" option in Auto-Name Configuration. This will update all existing documents to use the new auto-name string format.

Sarah_Speed
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

It was the Windows Service that I forgot to restart. Thank you!