Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Documents open in external viewer!

Nader_Amer
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi,

We are using OnBase 12 SP1 & all uesrs login through unity clients.

I am facing a problem with one user when uploading a PDF documents, it opens in an external viewer (Adobe Reader) outside of OnBase.

the issue happens with this user only. others are working fine.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Nader

6 REPLIES 6

Shane_Boss
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I believe this is an Adobe Reader setting causing this.  I believe in Adobe reader preferences there is a section to choose whether to open pdf files in browser or in reader, have to change this to be in browser.

Craig_Danitz
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We had this issue earlier today, and found the solution to our situation. In our case, Adobe Acrobat was not installed, as we have another PDF-authoring application. The thick client, web and Unity all opened the PDFs in the 3rd party app instead of from within OnBase. After Acrobat was installed, we had to go to preferences (as indicated above), go to Internet, and make sure PDFs open within the browser. Once done, everything opened within OnBase as expected. (The PDFs could still be associated to open in the other app, but Acrobat had to be there with the proper setting.)

Scott_Heidenrei
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
I'm experiencing the same issue now using Onbase 13 and Unity Client. I have Adobe Reader XI and there is no longer any way (according to Adobe) to change that preference, it is completely governed by the Browser being used. I have enabled and disabled in internet explorer the view in browser with no change to how OnBase works. Any ideas how to get PDFs to open in the Unity Client document viewer?

Nat_Mara
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I am not sure if this will work for you, but it is worth a try.  When Adobe went to XI, it changed how you could access the Display PDF documents in the web browser" command, and whether or not you even have that option.  In Adobe Pro, I know of no way to change that preference, however in Adobe Reader you can access it this way.  Go to EDIT>ACCESSIBILITY>SETUP ASSISTANT> Hit NEXT until you get to the last screen and choose "Display PDF documents in the web browser."

See how it is currently set, and change to see if that helps or not.  Not sure if there is anything needed for OnBase side as I am not familiar with the unity client.

good luck,

Nat