cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Database Question

Billy_Carroll
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
DBA asked this question "Can you find out if we have to use the Enterprise version of the Oracle database for Onbase or if it is possible to use the standard version of the Oracle database?" I have found the supported database versions but nothing on what version (enterprise or standard). Can anyone point me to any documentation on this? Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Sakhr_Mohammed
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We have one of our prospect asks the following:

1. Can we install Oracle on non-Windows platform such as Linux then OnBase can connect to Oracle DB ?

My initial thoughts that it's possible as long as we have Oracle Driver installed on OnBase App Server and ODBC properly configured.

Is that true ?

Thanks,

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Sakhr,

Yes, any supported Oracle platform would be supported for OnBase.  You are correct, the OnBase connects to the database via an ODBC connection.  As long as it is properly configured than the OnBase application will function correctly. 

Take care.

Carlos_Quispe
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
Hi Adam, In the case of a Linux platform, the route of the dbspace (/restore/ONBASEDES/datafile/) is different from a Windows ("C: \ DATABASE \"), the solution would be to share the path of linux? is that correct?Thank YouCarlos Q.

Ryan_Coyne
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Carlos,

You are correct that the file path between a Linux-based Oracle system and Windows-based would be different due to differences in file path addressing of each OS type.  As Adam mentioned above, OnBase communication is done through ODBC, so the path where the datafiles reside is not necessary to specify outside of the DBUtil to create the DB Spaces initially.  The ODBC to Oracle Database is aware of the location of each datafile and the tables/indexes contained in each.  If you are asking whether or not Linux-based paths can be specified in the DBUtil application, they will be accepted dependent on the operating system that is used for the Oracle RDBMS (e.g. /u01/app/oracle/oradata/orcl/DB1.DB for Linux, C:\Oracle\oradata\DB1.DB for Windows).

If you're curious of the path that the OnBase database files reside in an existing system (e.g. DB1.DB, DB2.DB) you might try the query below or similar while logged into SQL*Plus or SQL Developer with the OnBase database:

SELECT STATUS, NAME
FROM v$datafile;

Thank you for using OnBase Community, and please let me know if this helps address your concern regarding the storage path of OnBase database files.