cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onbase Virtual Print Driver

Justin_Loebel
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

What does this do? I don't believe it's installed but I see references to it in our obunity config file.

3 REPLIES 3

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

It's a printer that gets installed on a workstation. It prints out of any program you like, converts to a TIF, and automatically opens an import dialog in OnBase so you can import it into OnBase. It saves the extra steps of taking a screenshot, saving to your PC, and manually invoking the import process. The settings in the .config file are basically whether the Unity Client will "listen" for the virtual printer or not.

Carolyn_Kane
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello,

We have a lot of great information about it in the Virtual Print Driver Community

Thank you!

Justin_Loebel
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Ok so it similar to print to PDF software.

The reason I ask is that the Onbase 14 config references the Virtual printer, and I'm wondering if their is any querying of the virtual driver during this process which could increase startup times IF the config has the virtual driver set to true, but the driver is not installed.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.