cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase User Group Membership Administration

Nathan_Atkinson
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Is there a way to grant a user access to manage members of a give set of user groups?  Specifically, it would be great if I could identify the groups to which this user has the right to add and remove users so that the user doesn't have administration over all group access.  This would keep protections up against the user adding himself or someone else to groups they shouldn't have access to, especially those with other admin privileges

9 REPLIES 9

Is this another add-on piece to purchase?  I feel like OnBase is so disjointed already. It would be great to have a little more cohesiveness.  

If you are using the simplified licensing then it is included. Otherwise, it is a separate module that would require purchasing a license. 

No one person needs to know everything—they simply need to know who knows it.

Alexa_Muhs
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

There was an "Idea" I had entered to allow the ability to select specific groups a user could manage users for not related to what groups they are in. There are many cases when it is necessary for someone who should manage some groups to not be able to manage all groups they are a part of. This is definitely a hole in current user group management.

I can definitely see this also. If there was a way to restrict them to certain groups then we can go turn over admin access to each dept. is there a link to your idea to upvote it?

I agree. Before we started using OnBase for workflow, we had another workflow tool that allowed this precisely.