cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase user accounts being locked - but we use AD authentication!

William_Howell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

In OB 12.0.2, we are getting scattered reports and screenshots from our users that indicate their OnBase account has been locked. And Config shows the user account to be locked. The users continue to work in other applications fine. The problem is that we use AD authentication and there are no OB password policies configured, so how is the user account getting locked? We are still researching but we believe it's mostly web clients. Has anyone else ever seen this?

5 REPLIES 5

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Yes I've seen OnBase accounts get locked when using AD authentication.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the post.

While I can't say that I have seen this before, I can understand that it might happen.  Since it is not going to be obvious as to when it is going to happen, one thing that you can do is run a Security Transaction Log report to see how often it is occurring (daily, weekly, monthly?) and hopefully correlate it to something else happening on the network or a frequency.  Maybe there is a network hiccup for a moment and account is not able to authenticate the user who is logging into OnBase. 

Additionally, with the transaction log report you should be able to determine which client the user is attempting to use to login.  This will help as there are differences with the authentication process between the Web/Unity and the Thick Client.

Do you have any specific error messages other than a generic unable to login message?

Thanks.

William_Howell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks Adam. We are using both Report Services and Transaction Logs to monitor the issue and it does not appear to happen frequently. I was just curious if this was something unique to us or if others have seen it too. So far all I've seen are screen shots of the OnBase login error screen. We will monitor for a while and gather more information.

[quote user="Adam Shane"]

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the post.

While I can't say that I have seen this before, I can understand that it might happen.  Since it is not going to be obvious as to when it is going to happen, one thing that you can do is run a Security Transaction Log report to see how often it is occurring (daily, weekly, monthly?) and hopefully correlate it to something else happening on the network or a frequency.  Maybe there is a network hiccup for a moment and account is not able to authenticate the user who is logging into OnBase. 

Additionally, with the transaction log report you should be able to determine which client the user is attempting to use to login.  This will help as there are differences with the authentication process between the Web/Unity and the Thick Client.

Do you have any specific error messages other than a generic unable to login message?

Thanks.

William_Howell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We believe we had some type of Domain Controller issue. The server was replaced and we've had no reports of trouble since then. Odd that only OnBase was affected though.