cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase Studio

Arul_Devanesan
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Why is the OnBase studio 14 very slow? I know it is pointing to Appnet are there any plans to have the OnBase studio point to the database like the Thick client?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Brett_Scherzber
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

After dealing with various response times from Studio in different workstations and servers, I believe I've found an option that helps - turning off spellcheck.  When using Studio from our servers clicking on any lifecycle/queue/action/rule was taking over 2 minutes to respond, after turning off spell check Studio response went back to a normal speed.

View answer in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Duncan_Roberts
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

When you are connecting to Studio select "Local ODBC" from the Connection Type dropdown and then select the ODBC in the Data Source dropdown. That will give you a direct connection to the database you select rather than going through the an Application Server.

Hopefully that is what you are looking for.

Duncan Roberts
Test Analyst

Arul_Devanesan
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks Duncan for you reply, yes I use only the local ODBC, however the Studio seems to be slow compared to the thick client.  Is that how it is? It connects to the Appnet and not to the database directly?

Regards,

Arul

Ben_Rodden
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Arul,

Did you ever get an answer to this?  Our Studio is slow as well.

Thanks,

Ben

Brett_Scherzber
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
Studio for one of our environments has slowed down drastically around the time that Ben made his comment (4/1/2016) on v14 which had been fine for a couple years. The response is slow only when the "Properties" window needs to refresh itself. For example I can expand Workflows lifecycles, queues, actions/rules without problem, but as soon as I click on the actual line where "Properties" shows the detail, that is when it takes 10-15 seconds to respond. The App or ODBC connection has not made a difference for speed.

So far I've only encountered this on the servers (2012 R2), not workstations (Windows 7). So I'm at the conclusion it is either a Windows update, setting, or OS difference.