cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase New User Logging in - object reference not set to an instance of an object.

HEIDI_FARNHAM
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

This seems to be an intermittent issue since I started working with OnBase 15 a few months ago.

Yesterday, two new users were having this issue.  Today one still is and the other is no longer having the issue.

It opens the RSS Ticker / OnBase Blog moving to The Hyland Blog.

I have tried:

1. Verified user is in OnBase AD Group.
  2. Verified they are using the correct Unity client
  3. User is not in Workstation Registration Lock

Thank you for any insight you provide.

Heidi

2 REPLIES 2

Sebastian_Salom
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi, Heidi! 

Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear about the intermittent issues with OnBase user accounts and Unity Client log in.  I’d like to obtain some additional information to help troubleshoot the issue. Would you mind responding to my post and providing answers to the following questions?

1. Sounds like you are using Active Directory authentication. Could you provide more detail on how it is set up in OnBase Configuration?
2. Are the affected OnBase user accounts brand new or pre-existing?
3. Does the "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error message appear immediately after the user attempts to authenticate in Unity Client?
4. What happens after the error message appears and is then dismissed by the user.   Does the Unity Client close unexpectedly?
5. Is there any error information under the Error or NT/LDAP tabs of the Diagnostics Console?  What about the Windows Event Viewer? 
6. You mention in your post that the issue occurred intermittently over the last few months. Does the issue only occur to the same two users or others as well?
7. Did anything change within your OnBase environment or externally between yesterday and today that could have resolved the user issue?
8. Have you tried deleting the problem OnBase user account and creating a new one?
9. Have affected users tried to log into the Unity Client on a different workstation?
10. Does the issue occur with the Web Client?
11. How does the RSS ticker relate to the issue?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks again!

Lisa_Jacobson
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Sebastian! How are you sir? Unfortunately, I am having the same issue with one of our users. Here's what happens:

1. She opens the Unity client via Citrix Receiver
  2. It automatically logs her in via AD Authentication
  3. The client opens
  4. The rss ticker loads
  5. The hyland web site loads 
  6. Immediately afterwards I get a client side error 'Object reference not set....'

I have the dc up on the application server and see no error messages. I am able to see her session though. I'm not seeing anything in the event viewer of her machine. Her issues started after we upgraded to 18, some days it does not happen while on others it does. I've logging onto the specific Citrix server that she is connected through and logging into Unity to see if I get that error, no error. Also, it isn't just one of our Citrix servers that she is connected too, it can be any of them. I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with loading the Hyland webpage. It happens immediately after it loads.  Please let me know if there is something else I can check or if you have any ideas? Thanks dude!